International Credit Mobility ICM

Mobility schemes between European and non European Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)

  • By concluding an inter-institutional agreement, institutions from Partner and Programme countries can send students of all three cycles (Bachelor, Master, PhD) for short-term mobility (up to 12 months) to institutions in Programme or Partner countries.
  • HEIs from Partner and Programme countries participating in International Credit Mobility must recognise the credits earned by students while in the EU or in a Partner country. These credits count towards their degree at home.
  • Staff can also receive grants for teaching or training assignments (5 days to 2 months) at a European HEI or at a Partner country HEI.
  • Institutions from Erasmus+ Programme Countries can submit a mobility project application that involves HEIs from Partner countries to the National Agency in their country.


The Handbook for Participating Organisations is available here.